When it comes to the old streets in the Greater Taipei area, in addition to Shenkeng Old Street, which is famous for stinky tofu, Sanxia Old Street is also a scenic spot we have always wanted to visit! On this day, we specially arranged an afternoon to come here to experience the historical atmosphere of the old street. In addition to the well-known souvenir croissants, there are also many copper plate delicacies worth tasting, and the Zushi Temple, which is full of incense, is a popular attraction that is delicious, good to visit and good to photograph!
Start arranging your trip to New Taipei
✔ Tickets for popular attractions in New Taipei
✔ New Taipei outdoor activities experience
✔ Selected accommodation in Xinbei
Start arranging your trip to Taipei
✔ Taipei popular ticket
✔ Selected outdoor activities in Taipei
✔ Taipei cultural experience
✔ Itinerary for a day trip to Taipei
✔ Featured accommodations in Taipei
◾Monarch Hotel | More than ten thousand yuan
◾Petty Bourgeois Accommodation｜2500-5000 RMB
◾Basic lodging｜under 2500
- *The above accommodation is the price of a double basic room type, we will classify it slightly, please refer to the website for the detailed price*
Sanxia Old Street｜Transportation and Parking
Drive by yourself
- No. 3 National Highway - Sanying Interchange - Shidao Line 110 - Dazhi Road - Zhongshan Road - Minquan Street
- Google can navigate "Sanxia Old Street" or enter the address "No. 25-1, Minquan Street, Sanxia District, New Taipei City"
- Parking lot: Sanxia Elementary School underground parking lot, Sanxia Public Market parking lot, Sanxia Farmers Association parking lot
- Take the High Speed Rail or Taiwan Railway and get off at Banqiao Station - transfer to Taipei Bus 702 or 705 and get off at Sanxia Old Street Station.
- Take the Taipei MRT Bannan Line and get off at Xinpu Station - transfer to Capital Bus No. 802 and get off at Sanxia Old Street Station.
- Take the Taipei MRT Bannan Line and get off at Yongning Station - transfer to Taipei Bus 706, 812 and get off at Sanxia Old Street Station.
- Taipei Passenger Line: 275, 275 Sub-Line, 702 Sanxia-Taipei, 703 Sanxia-Taipei, 703 Sanxia-Taipei, 705 Sanxia-Taipei, 706 Sanxia-Chongqing South Road, Beishi, 812 Sanxia-Taipei Station, 833 Sanxia-Yingge
- Capital Passenger Transport: 802 Three Gorges-MRT Xinpu Station, 916 Three Gorges-MRT Yongning Station, Three Gorges-Taipei Circle (via Min'an Road)
- Taoyuan Passenger Transport: Three Gorges-Taoyuan (via Jianshan), Three Gorges-Taoyuan (via Zhonghu)
Sanxia Old Street｜One Day Tour
The buildings of Sanxia Old Street have survived from 1911 to the present, with "The longest preserved old street in the country”, with a length of 260 meters. byMinquan Street, Heping Street, Renai StreetwithZhongshan RoadThe most complete preservation, it was rebuilt to imitate European style during the Japanese occupation.ancient greek column,ancient roman archas well asbaroque decoration, combining Taiwanese and Fujian architecture with Western style. It is quite similar to the pattern of Shenkeng Old Street. There are red brick and tile corridors on both sides of the old street. Walking in it, walking through the red brick arches, it feels delicious to take photos casually!
Most of the shops here are ancient delicacies, children's toys, and wooden products. There are also many Taiwanese snack restaurants on the other side of the old street. There are also exquisite ancient clothes and a few literary exhibitions. The old street is full of people, and there are long queues at the food stalls outside, which is very lively!
Going further back from the lively Zushi Temple, away from the tourist crowd, there is another peaceful scene. There are many pavilions next to the riverside for rest, enjoying a leisurely afternoon with the breeze, which is very comfortable. There are also a few cafes here, you can come here to rest if you are tired from strolling around the old streets.
Sanxia Old Street｜Food recommendation
# Three Gorges Golden Horn
The golden horns of the Three Gorges are the most famous, and it is a souvenir that many people will bring when they come here! This time we ate the Three Gorges Golden Bull Horn located in Sanxia Old Street, not only the original flavor, but also different flavors such as chocolate, pineapple, soufflé, red bean and so on. After biting and tearing it apart, it is full of aroma, crispy near the corners, soft in the middle, and has a very layered taste!
- Original golden horn 27 yuan
- Business Hours: Daily 09:00–18:00
- Address: No. 63, Minquan Street, Sanxia District, New Taipei City
# Zheng Kee Triangle Pig's Blood Cake
As soon as you pass the street vendor, you can smell the aroma. With the right peanut powder and coriander, the cheap and affordable Zheng Kee Triangle Pig Blood Cake is always crowded with people. The pig blood cake is very soft and not too dry. With the special sauce, the portion is just right. It's really delicious. I want to buy one every time I come here!
- A 20 yuan
- Opening hours: Closed on Tuesdays, 11:00–18:00 every other day.
- Address: No. 87, Minquan Street, Sanxia District, New Taipei City
The Qingshui Winter Melon King next to the Three Gorges Patriarch Temple is made naturally without the addition of any chemical flavors and artificial colors. The most popular drinks in summer are winter melon grass, winter melon lemon, original winter melon and winter melon passion, which are good choices to relieve heat and thirst! After drinking it, I found that the winter melon is not too sweet, and it will not be too greasy after drinking too much.
- Original wax gourd 50 yuan, wax gourd lemon 50 yuan, wax gourd fairy grass 60 yuan
- Business Hours: Closed on Tuesday and Sunday, Saturday 09:30–19:00, other days 11:30–19:00
- Address: No. 15, Changfu Street, Sanxia District, New Taipei City
Sanxia Old Street｜Nearby Attractions
# Three Gorges Zushi Temple
When it comes to the Three Gorges, you will know the Three Gorges Patriarch Temple, dedicated to the main god QingshuiPatriarch, is the center of belief in the Three Gorges region. Founded in the thirty-fourth year of Qianlong, it was built according to the traditional ancient method, and has the reputation of "Oriental Art Palace".
- Opening Hours: Daily 05:00–22:00
- Address: No. 1, Changfu Street, Sanxia District, New Taipei City
- Related links:Zushi Temple website
# Three Gorges Zaishu Temple
Located in the back alley of the Zushi Temple, the main god of the Three Gorges Zaishu Temple is Xuantian God. It was built in the Qianlong period and is shaped like a traditional Sanheyuan building in southern Fujian. It is a historic site in New Taipei City. There are fewer people here, but there is a sense of intimacy. The temple provides safe water and toilets for the public to rest.
- Opening hours: Saturday 09:00–21:00, other days 05:00–21:00
- Address: No. 28, Xiuchuan Street, Sanxia District, New Taipei City
Sanxia Old Street is less than a 30-minute drive from Greater Taipei. It is an excellent spot to arrange a day trip in the suburbs of Greater Taipei! After walking around the old street for 10 minutes, you can also visit Yingge Old Street, browse ceramic works of art, and experience hand-drawn embryo DIY. Taking advantage of the good weather, let's go on a holiday together!