In addition to shopping and viewing exhibitions in Taipei Landmark 101, you can walk to Sisi Nan Village with a completely different scenery within a few minutes. Sisi Nan Village retains some of the buildings of the military dependents' village in 1948. It is the first military dependents' village in Taiwan. The small garden with multi-storey low-rise bungalows and tiled roofs attracts many people to come here to take pictures and videos~📷 If you are lucky during the holidays, You can encounter many cultural and creative life markets, music performances, and a green park next to it. It is a good attraction for adults and children!
Start arranging your trip to Taipei
✔ Taipei popular ticket
✔ Selected outdoor activities in Taipei
✔ Taipei cultural experience
✔ Itinerary for a day trip to Taipei
✔ Featured accommodations in Taipei
◾Monarch Hotel | More than ten thousand yuan
◾Petty Bourgeois Accommodation｜2500-5000 RMB
◾Basic lodging｜under 2500
- *The above accommodation is the price of a double basic room type, we will classify it slightly, please refer to the website for the detailed price*
Four Four South Village｜Transportation
- World Trade Center (Zhuangjing Road): 1, 22, 22, 33, 37, 226, 266, 266, 288, 288, 665, Blue 5
- World Trade Center (Xinyi Road): 207, 537, Xinyi Main Line, Blue 5
Take the MRT to Taipei 101/World Trade Center Station and get off at Exit 2 (there is an escalator, no elevator), go to Zhuangjing Road, turn left and walk about 50 meters to arrive. You can also take Exit 3 and Exit 4 (there are escalators and elevators in the up and down direction), and walk there after exiting the station.
Drive by yourself
Navigate to "Building D, Sisi South Village”, or enter the address “No. 24, Alley 5, Lane 24, Section 5, Xinyi Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City.” The car can park in the “Xinyi Elementary School Underground Parking Lot” in the locomotive compartment of the alley near the motorcycle pavilion.
Four Four South Village｜Introduction to the Park
Hidden in the lively urban area, if you don't look carefully, you may not find such a place. The park of Sisi South Village is not very big. If you walk and take pictures, you can walk through it in just half an hour. Next to the department store and the World Trade Exhibition, it is a good place to stop and take a break. There are not many restaurants in the park, but there are many art exhibitions and cultural relics halls.
- Free admission, there are toilets and water dispensers in the park
- Address: No. 50, Songqin Street, Xinyi District, Taipei City (in the intersection area of Songqin Street and Zhuangjing Road)
The simple background is really unexpectedly good for taking pictures, and the short flat house is also very cute ❤️ The colors in the photos are as bright and colorful as postcards! I have always liked the simple atmosphere of the military dependents village. When I was a child, I often heard adults talk about the military dependents village. Although I had never lived in it, I got a sense of familiarity from the adults. Allie used to come here for the filming when he was in college. After a few years, he came back and felt full of memories~
Four Four South Village | Military Heritage Museum
The Military Heritage Museum is a small one, just next to the middle square, it is hard to miss it, and it can be visited in about 10 minutes. The cultural relics museum displays the history and culture of the military dependents' village, and restores the life of the military dependents' village in the past. There are various models such as classrooms with messy tables and chairs, rooms full of retro furniture, mother's whole table of specialty dishes, and so on. Let's relive the past.
- No tickets
- Business hours: 09:00-17:00 every day except Mondays
- Address: No. 50, Songqin Street, Xinyi District, Taipei City
- Tel: 02 2723 8937
Four Four South Village｜Simple Market
The central square of Sisi South Village holds a market from time to time. We also encountered many vendors of clothes and accessories during the holiday. If it is every Saturday and Sunday, there will be a fixed cultural and creative market and second-hand market. For the detailed time period, please refer to the following News.
- Address: Square outside the Military Heritage Museum
- Life Market: Every Sunday from 13:00 to 19:00. Second Love Second-hand Market: 13:00~19:00 on Saturdays every two weeks. In the spirit of creative hand-made, friendly environment and friendly farmers, there will be live performances by independent musicians on Sunday afternoons.
Four Four South Village｜Taipei Xinyi Family Center
Walking and walking, I found that there is a parent-child hall hidden in Sisinan Village, which is really suitable for bringing children here to play. There are shoe cabinets, lockers, and doll car parking areas outside the museum, which are very convenient for parents. There are small play areas and various parent-child toys inside.
- No tickets
- Opening hours: Closed on Monday, Saturday and Sunday 09:30–11:00, 13:00–14:30, 15:30–17:00, Tuesday to Friday 09:30–12:00, 14:00 00–17:00
- Entrance to the museum by online reservation or on-site queuing
- Address: No. 50, Songqin Street, Xinyi District, Taipei City (in Sisi South Village)
- Tel: 02 2720 2555
Four Four South Village｜Haoqiu Restaurant
Haoqiu, a special restaurant in Sisinan Village, attracts everyone's attention from the appearance. The restaurant is bigger than expected. In addition to internal use, it also provides simple and light meals such as take-out bagels. Bagels are also their signature.
- In-house restaurant, bagel take-out, style item sales
- Consume one main meal or drink, and limit meals to two hours
- Opening hours: 11:00-18:00 daily, take-out until 22:00
- Address: No. 54, Songqin Street, Xinyi District, Taipei City
- Tel: 02 2758 2609
I spent a morning visiting Sisinan Village during the holiday. After the stroll, we went to the grass to rest and found that 101 was behind us, so we quickly took a photo with him. , to make the atmosphere of the whole park lively. Next time you come to Xinyi District for shopping, don't forget to have it here, whether it's a date or a family fun!
Four Four South Village｜Nearby Attractions
# Xiangshan Trail
From MRT Xiangshan Station Exit 2, pass through Xiangshan Park and come to the trailhead. You can see the beautiful 101 in just 15 minutes from the trailhead to the six boulders on the mountain! Elephant Mountain is named after the shape of the mountain. It is called the Four Beast Mountains together with Lion Mountain, Tiger Mountain and Leopard Mountain.
👇For detailed articles and videos about Xiangshan, please click below👇
[Taipei Attractions] The Xiangshan Trail takes 20 minutes to easily go up the mountain, six boulders overlook the beautiful scenery of 101, transportation/parking lot/ nearby attractions.