I’ve been wanting to come to Kagaya for a long time and finally it’s finally here! It was the only Japanese-style hot spring hotel recommended by Michelin in Taiwan, and it was also the only overseas branch of Kagaya in Japan. Unique Japanese architecture, excellent butler service, and classic Japanese cuisine are all impressive and loved by everyone ❤️ We only had a simple experience that dayDouble Tingquan Soup HouseandIntertek Restaurant Lunch, If time and wallet permit, you can also stay for one night and experience a different Kagaya!
Start arranging your trip to Taipei
✔ Taipei popular ticket
✔ Selected outdoor activities in Taipei
✔ Taipei cultural experience
✔ Itinerary for a day trip to Taipei
✔ Featured accommodations in Taipei
◾Monarch Hotel | More than ten thousand yuan
◾Petty Bourgeois Accommodation｜2500-5000 RMB
◾Basic lodging｜under 2500
- *The above accommodation is the price of a double basic room type, we will classify it slightly, please refer to the website for the detailed price*
- Take the MRT Tamsui Xinyi Line to [Beitou Station], then transfer to Xinbeitou Line to [Xinbeitou Station Exit 1]. After exiting the station, you can walk for 5-10 minutes (opposite Beitou Hot Spring Museum).
- Take bus 216, 218, 223, 230, 602, Xiao 6 to [Beitou Park Station] and walk along Guangming Road for about 5 minutes.
- Take the bus No. 25 to [Beitou Green Library Station] and walk along Guangming Road for about 3 minutes.
Open by yourselfcar
The hotel has a parking tower and offers valet parking.
- go south: Take National Highway 1 to Taipei, Chongqing North Road Section 4/Taiwan 2B Line. From National Highway No. 1, 25A-Taipei Hao Exit, get off the interchange, go along Taiwan Line 2B and Tonghe West Street Section 2 to Section 7 of Yanping North Road in Shilin District, turn into Chaumei Expressway, and take the Daye Road Exit to interchange Road, along Daye Road to the bottom, turn right on Guangming Road to arrive.
- go north: Take National Highway No. 1 to the Chau-Mei Expressway in Taipei, take the Daye Road exit of the Chau-Mei Expressway and get off the interchange, follow Daye Road to the bottom, and turn right on Guangming Road.
Free shuttle service
You can take the bus at the right-hand side of Exit 1 of Beitou MRT Station (not Xinbeitou MRT Station). Reservations must be made the day before. Reservation Tel: 02-2891-1238.
- Rikatsusheng Kagaya Hotel→Departure Timetable from Exit 1 of Beitou MRT Station
08:00 09:00 10:00 10:30 11:00 11:30 13:30 14:00 14:30 15:00 15:30 16:00 16:30 17:00 18:00 19:00 20:00
- Exit 1 of Beitou MRT Station → Departure Timetable of Rikatsusheng Kagaya Hotel
08:10 09:10 10:10 10:40 11:10 11:40 13:40 14:10 14:40 15:10 15:40 16:10 16:40 17:10 18:10 19:10 20:10
- Address: No. 236, Guangming Road, Beitou District, Taipei City
- Tel: 02 2891 1111
- Related links:Official website
Kagaya Hot Spring｜Price
We pre-booked the Kagaya e-ticket, which includes90-minute Soup House for Two + Lunch and Japanese Cuisine at Tianxiang Restaurant, the current price is 5880 yuan for two people holiday. It is highly recommended to go with the lunch at Kagaya Tensho Restaurant. After soaking in the soup, you can enjoy Japanese cuisine. It is a great enjoyment! The package price is also more cost-effective than booking separately.
👇Click below to see our dining notes at Kagaya Tensho Restaurant👇
Kagaya Hot Spring｜Environment
The Kagaya Personal Soup House is located on the fifth floor. You can take the elevator upstairs with the help of the hotel staff. One side of the fifth floor is a body and beauty treatment SPA, and the other side is a two-person soup house. After confirming the tickets at the counter, you can prepare for the soup! The simple Japanese-style Zen style space immediately relaxes the body and mind. I really like the decoration of the whole room with wood, which gives people an elegant but warm feeling!
Kagaya Bathing｜Tingquan Twin Bathhouse
There are a total of 17 double soup houses in Kagaya, each of which has a different layout and appearance, as well as different names, and the names are so poetic! The quality of the hot spring on the fifth floor is white sulfur spring, which has a faint milky white color with a sulfurous smell. It has the functions of softening the skin and improving arthritis and muscle soreness. Different from the sodium bicarbonate beauty soup that Wulai often soaks in, Beitou's hot springs have a stronger taste and feel more like a hot spring!
For the top hot spring hotels in Taipei, it is not cheap to stay in Kagaya for one night, and the house price is more than 10,000 yuan. However, their soup house seems to be much cheaper, and the petty bourgeoisie can also afford it. Occasionally come here for a luxury. After the soup, you can drop by the nearby attractions Hot Spring Museum and Green Building Beitou Library, which are all within walking distance. Yo!
The double soup house is separated from the rest area by a large piece of glass. After soaking in the soup until the body is warm, you can rest outside without being too hot. The seating area has a storage area, a hairdryer, a sink, a bathroom, and a simple sofa rest, as well as a TV.
To be honest, the two-person soup house in Kagaya is smaller than we imagined, and the interior space is not large. The soup pool is enough for the two of them, and they can straighten their legs freely. There is not much landscape outside the soup house window, and you can vaguely see the opposite park, most of which are covered. I think this is also to protect the privacy of everyone's bathing, after all, the location of the soup house is next to the lively tourist area.
The shower area is equipped with Chazitang series shampoo, shower gel and conditioner, as well as a small wooden bench with a super bathing atmosphere. The bathing time is 90 minutes, which is very ample. Enjoy the rare relaxation time~
After the soup is over, you can go to the public rest area outside to enjoy freshly brewed buckwheat tea every day. If you have friends who have booked meals at Tianxiang Restaurant, you can go directly to the restaurant and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine!